ICS SUPPORT PRIVACY NOTICE
INFORMATION ON THE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Integrated Computer Systems Support, Inc., doing business as ICS Support, Inc. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy notice or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below.
When you visit our website https://www.ics-support.com, and use our services, you trust us with your personal information. We take your privacy seriously. We seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you take some time to read thorough it carefully as it is important. If there are any terms in this policy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our website.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our website and/or any related services, sales, marketing or events (we refer to them collectively throughout this privacy notice as the “Services”.
This website uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the character string https:// and the lock symbol in your browser search/address bar.
DATA COLLECTION WHEN YOU VISIT OUR WEBSITE
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include information such as that listed below.
- Our visited website
- Date and time at the moment of access
- Amount of data sent in bytes
- Source/reference from which you came to the page
- Device used
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- IP address used (if applicable: in anonymized form)
- Referring URLs
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for internal analytics and reporting purposes.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send us for our marketing purposes if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Services
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties to do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness. We may work with third parties, affiliates, and/or business partners to conduct this activity.
- Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- To manage your accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our accounts and keeping them in working order.
- To deliver Services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries and offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and address any potential issues you may have with the use of our Services.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the end of the browser session (session cookies). Other cookies (persistent cookies) remain on your device’s storage mechanism and enable us or our partner companies (third-party cookies) to recognize your browser on your next visit. If cookies are set, they collect and process specific user information such as browser and location data as well as IP address values according to individual requirements. The use of these cookies provides a convenience to you, for example by remembering who you are so that you do not need to re-enter contact or address information on subsequent visits to the website.
Please note that you can set your browser in such a way that you are informed about the setting of cookies and you can decide individually about their acceptance or exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or generally. Each browser differs in the way it manages the cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of each browser, which explains how you can change your cookie settings. You will find these for the respective browsers under the following links:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Firefox: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/privacy/websites/#cookies
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
Please note that the functionality of our website may be limited if cookies are not accepted.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell, rent or lease your personal information. We may process or share data based on the following circumstances and legal basis:
- We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate interests. We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a contract. Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your information to fulfill the terms of the contract.
- Legal obligations. We may disclose your information where we are legally obligated to do so to comply with applicable government requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process such as in response to a court order or subpoena.
- Vital interests. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us on our behalf and require information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with ICS Support, Inc. services over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain web site content, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
In the context of contacting us (e.g. via contact form or e-mail), personal data is collected. Which data is collected in the case of a contact form can be seen from the respective contact form. This data is stored and used exclusively for responding to your request or for establishing contact and for the associated technical administration. The legal basis for processing data is our legitimate interest in responding to your request.
USE OF YOUR DATA FOR DIRECT ADVERTISING
Sending the e-mail newsletter to existing customers. If you have made available your e-mail address to us, we reserve the right to send you offers for goods or services from our product range by e-mail. In this respect, data processing is carried out solely based on our legitimate interest in disseminating personalized valuable information and/or direct advertising. If you have initially objected to the use of your e-mail address for this purpose, we will not send you any further marketing e-mail. You are entitled to unsubscribe or object to the use of your e-mail address for this purpose at any time with effect for the future by notifying ICS Support contact shown at the bottom of this privacy notice, or by clicking “unsubscribe” directly on the email you received. Upon receiving your objection, the use of your e-mail address for dissemination of information and/or advertising purposes will cease immediately.
USE OF VIDEOS
Videos on this website are embedded in the site in addition to using services from Google’s YouTube.
Use of YouTube Videos
This website may use the YouTube embedding function for display and playback of videos offered by the provider YouTube, which belongs to Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). To this end, the extended data protection mode is used to ensure, according to provider information, that user information will only be stored once the playback function of the video is started. When the playback of embedded YouTube videos is started, the provider sets “YouTube” cookies to collect information about user behavior. According to indications from YouTube, the use of those cookies is intended, among other things, to record video statistics, to improve user-friendliness and to avoid improper actions. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account when you click on a video. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. Google saves your data (even for users who are not logged in) as usage profiles and evaluates them. Such an evaluation takes place according to Article 6 (1) point f GDPR on the basis of the legitimate interests of Google in the insertion of personalized advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right. Regardless of whether the embedded video is played back, a connection to the Google network “double click” is established when visiting this website. This may trigger further data processing beyond our control.
Google LLC, based in the USA, is certified for the US-European data protection agreement “Privacy Shield”, which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU. Further information on YouTube data protection can be found in the provider’s data protection statement at: www.google.com/policies/privacy/
Use of Vimeo Videos
This website may use the Vimeo embedding function for display and playback of videos offered by the provider Vimeo, Inc., 555 West 18th Street, New York NY 10011. Vimeo uses similar methods as described in the above section “Use of YouTube Video”. Vimeo utilizes Google Analytics as described in section below “Google (Universal) Analytics”.
Viewing Vimeo videos may trigger further data processing beyond our control.
Google AdWords Conversion Tracking
This website uses the online advertising program “Google AdWords” and the conversion tracking within the framework of Google AdWords, Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). We use the program of Google AdWords to draw attention to our attractive offers with the help of advertising materials (so-called Google AdWords) on external websites. We can determine, in relation to the advertising campaigns data, how successful the individual advertising measures is. We are interested in showing you advertisements that are of interest to you. We want to make our website more interesting for you and to achieve a fair calculation of advertising costs. The conversion tracking cookie is set on a user’s browser if an AdWords ad delivered by Google is clicked by the user.
You can permanently deactivate cookies for advertising preferences by blocking them via a respective setting of your browser software or by downloading and installing the browser plug-in, available under the following link:
WEB ANALYSIS SERVICES
Google (Universal) Analytics
We also use Google Search Console in conjunction with Google Analytics. Further information on Google’s Privacy and Terms can be obtained here:
YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO DATA
Data protection law grants you comprehensive rights regarding the processing of your personal data, about which we inform you below:
- Right of access by the data subject pursuant to Article 15 GDPR
- Right to rectification pursuant to Article 16 GDPR
- Right to erase (“right to be forgotten”) pursuant to Article 17 GDPR
- Right to restriction of processing pursuant to Article 18 GDPR
- Right to data portability pursuant to Article 20 GDPR
- Right to withdraw a given consent pursuant to Article 7 (3) GDPR
- Right to lodge a complaint pursuant to Article 77 GDPR
RIGHT TO OBJECT
IF, WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF A CONSIDERATION OF INTERESTS, WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA ON THE BASIS OF OUR PREDOMINANT LEGITIMATE INTEREST, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT AT ANY TIME TO OBJECT TO THIS PROCESSING WITH EFFECT FOR THE FUTURE ON THE GROUNDS THAT ARISE FROM YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION. IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED. HOWEVER, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO FURTHER PROCESSING IF WE CAN PROVE COMPELLING REASONS WORTHY OF PROTECTION FOR PROCESSING WHICH OUTWEIGH YOUR INTERESTS, FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS, OR IF THE PROCESSING SERVES TO ASSERT, EXERCISE OR DEFEND LEGAL CLAIMS.
IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA WHICH ARE USED FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. YOU MAY EXERCISE THE OBJECTION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE. IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED FOR DIRECT ADVERTISING PURPOSES.
DURATION OF STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or if this is not possible, then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY
Our servers are located in the United States. If you are accessing our Services from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information in the United States, and other countries.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, then these countries may not have data protection or other laws as comprehensive as those in your country. We will however take all necessary measures within our immediate control to protect your personal information in accordance with this policy notice and applicable law.
YOUR INFORMATION SAFETY
We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the Internet itself is 100% secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access our Services from a secure environment.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you may have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure, (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information, and (iv) if applicable to restrict data portability. In certain circumstances you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact information provided at the bottom of this privacy notice.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing occurring prior to the withdrawal request.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find the details here: https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080
WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under the age of 18 years of age.
If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate any accounts and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data that we have collected from children under the age of 18, please contact us using the contact information at the bottom of this privacy notice.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once per year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information during the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us via the contact information provided below.
PRIVACY NOTICE UPDATES
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you whether by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
CONTACT US ABOUT THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
If you have questions or comments about this privacy notice, you may email us at email@example.com or by postal mail to:
ICS Support, Inc.
8531 154th Avenue NE – Suite 110
Redmond WA 98052
United States of America